WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR STOVE SERVICED AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR.
For safety reasons and to keep your stove working efficiently, having your stove serviced at least once a year is a basic recommendation by all wood stove manufacturers. There are many reasons why this is recommended and are stated below.
- A lack of maintenance can prove expensive in the long run as essential parts become seized or corroded.
- The amount of fuel you use will depend on the condition of your stove. Your stove will become difficult to light and will burn with less efficiency.
- As time goes on, coal soot or wood tar deposits can build up in the flue ways in the chimney and flue pipe and without a proper service can produce harmful gases which can be released into the room and could prove fatal.
- Having your chimney swept will also reduce the risk of chimney fires which can have a devastating and costly effect to you and your property.
One of our qualified HETAS engineers will carry out the service which will include the following;
- Functionality test of Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Disassembly & removal of combustion chamber components
- Full Sweep of flue from appliance to cowl
- Thorough clean & vacuum of appliance internals
- Reassembly of combustion chamber components
- Lubrication of all moving parts with HighTemperature Anti-Seize grease
- Cleaning of door glass with specialist cleaners (if required)
- Timber Quality & Moisture content check
- Fire Lighting guidance
- General Operation – Primary & Secondary controls
- Engineers report on any condition issues observed or parts required
- Sweep Certificate, valid for 12 months, (for appliance/flue warranty, buildings insurance & landlord legal obligations)
We want you to enjoy your stove for many years and an annual service will help to achieve that.
Take advantage of our Servicing Contract
Rather than pay annually, we offer all of our customers the opportunity to spread the cost monthly with a servicing contract. With the contract you will also receive the below;
– 5% off fuel purchases from Wendron Stoves including – dried logs, kindling and flamers.
– 10% off RRP for any spares fitted not covered by warranty
For Quality, Personalised Service
& Specialist Advice Call Us:
Helston: 01326 572 878
Truro: 01872 520 010
Quality, Personalised Service
If you choose a Wendron Stoves engineer to install your stove then you have the confidence that he is HETAS qualified. As such, his work is guaranteed and safe.
We have worked in the stove industry for over 30 years, so we like to think we have intimate knowledge of our industry.
So when you come to us for help, you can be assured that we will give you the highest quality advice together with superb customer service.