125g buckwheat flour
45g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp dried active yeast
1 egg, beaten
250ml lukewarm milk
2 tbsp olive oil
200ml crème fraiche
250g smoked salmon
50g salmon caviar
Sprigs of fresh dill
- Sift the flours into a large bowl and stir in the salt and yeast. Add the egg and milk and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Cover and leave for 1 hour to thicken slightly.
- Place the blini pan over a high heat and add a little of the olive oil. When hot, pour in 1-2 tablespoons of the batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over a high heat until bubbles appear on the surface of the blini and the underside is golden brown. This should only take about a minute.
- Flip over and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat this process to make the other blinis.
- Leave to cool slightly before topping with crème fraiche, smoked salmon, salmon caviar and sprigs of dill.B